Friday, September 7, 2012

Tania Head: Whoever You Are, How Could You?!

  As a child, I grew up in the town of Bayonne, New Jersey.  Bayonne is situated not more than ten to fifteen minutes away from New York City, particularly the Holland Tunnel.  As a child, I grew up looking at the Twin Towers.  I had the honor of going up to Windows on the World and the Observation Deck.  I even had dreams of even flying from the very top of Tower Two over New York City, looking down at the little ants that were people.

  On September 11th 2001, I was working as a merchandise hostess at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.  I woke up one beautiful, warm Florida morning to turn on Telemundo and find that Tower One was on fire.  I was startled and I called my mom to know what was happening only to find my call abrubtly cut off.  I tried calling again only to find the lines were jammed.  I began to fear the absolute worst:  What if my youngest cousins were in the towers on a class trip?  What if my uncle or aunt was there for something important?  All the what ifs you can ever imagine.  Then, when I saw the first tower collapse that I made the decision to go to work.  In a car that was overheating, I was delivered the sudden shock of the second tower breaking down.  I almost crashed into a gate before I regained control and informed a guardsman that both towers were now gone.  He wept as he told me he knew.  I parked my car, boarded a bus and went to work whilst consoling many cast members who were, like me, from the New York/New Jersey area.  Many of those who have attempted tons of time to try and contact their loved ones. 

  I remember 9/11/01 EXTREMELY VIVIDLY!  I grew up not very far from the World Trade Center and even flew home to see family I had, initially, thought I had lost.  Thankfully, they are alive.  The scent of burning jet fuel and decay haunts me to this very day.  When September 11th comes around, the scent returns and it frightens me.  I cannot even look at photographs that I, and, family members have taken without being reduced to tears. 

  But, there is one thing that has sickened me, and that is the disgusting and very disgraceful and disrespectful deception of a woman named Alicia Esteve Head, otherwise known as Tania Head.  She claimed to have been a 9/11 Widow when, in truth, she was not a widow at all.  She was, in fact, a business student in Spain at the very time when 9/11 happened.  She took advantage of this very, very, very, VERY critical time in our country's history to claim she was (and not at all!) a 9/11 widow to someone who had died, but did not know her from Adam.  She gained influence by being a supposed 9/11 widow, when, in truth, she was not one at all.  She even became President (get THAT!) president of the 9/11 Survivors Society when, in truth, she never was one whatsoever!  She gained the trust of MANY, MANY, MANY people, including Mayors Giuliani and Bloomberg, in due, deep respect!  She had no shame, whatsoever!  She knew the sham she was playing and she learned from the best:  Her own family, who had been shamed by their own con in their respective country of Spain.

  Tania Head, or whoever you truly are, how dare you?!  How DARE you?!  You conned people into thinking that you lost someone you supposedly loved, but NEVER knew, that you survived the collapse of the World Trade Center and, in some twist of fate, lost your fiance and, somehow, was saved by someone who did not know of your identity at all, to the collapse.  I just have one question to ask of you:  HOW DARE YOU?!  You are not even a citizen of this country!  You have not even lived five SECONDS in New York City!  However, you have claimed that you had met, fallen in love and have become ENGAGED to someone you had never even met in your entire life!  Please give me an explaination why I should even believe anthing you've have told the media?! 

  I think you still, to this day, still continue to believe your own lies. I think that you still think of yourself as a 9/11 widow.  However, as a novice journalist,  I believe you are definitely not.  You are nothing but a con artist torn out of the same fabric as your father and your brothers.  To this day, I will never, ever, EVER believe a word you utter out of your own mouth.  Take my words as a compliment rather than an insult.  I was born here, raised here, grew up with the World Trade Center in my back yard.  Unlike you, I will always, ALWAYS, see those two towers hovering over me from where I stood on 43 East 51st Street in Bayonne, New Jersey, Hudson County.  Unlike you, who grew up in the exotics of Spain who were rarely afforded such a beautiful, blissfull, lovely sight as the blues of the Meditteranean Seas.  I, unlike you, was given the afforded pleasure of seeing two of the most extraodrinary, exciting, beautiful and most fascinating structure of the modern times in my own backyard whilst swimming my grandparents' swimming pool. 

  Tania, or whoever you are, you might have conned many into believing your lies, but you will not cheat me out of my positive childhood of having to go into my own backyard and see those magnificent silver towers hover over me in the distance.  It's tragic and sad you did not get to see them as I did very frequently as a little girl, but it sickens me that you pretended to be one of us who has suffered like I have.  I miss those towers over the horizon of the New York City skyline as much as I miss my grandparents tremendously.  You duped so many, yet you still think of yourself as one.  However, you are definitely not one of us.  You are a sham!  A dupe!  A total lie!  Stop believing in your lies and start in believing in your true self, for what you are, for the liar you are.  You were never, ever, part of this terrible tragedy that has affected my country.  You would like to think so, but you're believing your own lies.  It may have not have happened to, but it happened to my country.  We were affected directly, you were not whatsoever.  You might like to think so, but that is something you, your delusions and God will have to contend with.

  I am extrodinarily affected by what happened on 9/11/2001 immensely and it has affected me on my own mentality.  I cannot look at the skyline of New York City the same way, not without tears.  It makes me sad, very sad, to see the two Silver Castles (as I referred to them) missing from them.  This Tuesday, September 11th, 2012, I will be in Liberty State Park standing there in tears remembering how, as a little girl, my grandparents would take me there to look at them and admire at how they dominated the skies.  However, I will be in tears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment