Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's All About Change: A Retrospect

  2011 was what I like to call my year of radical change.  This year was filled with exactly that:  Change.  Lots of things changed in my life.  I changed the way I ate.  I changed the way I behaved.  I changed my vacation schedule.  I changed the way I look.  Everything changed!  Let's go back to the beginning, shall we?

  The beginning of the year, I found myself recuperating from heartache only to find myself in front of a window of opportunity.  I got the chance to go to a Ghost Adventures/Darkness Radio event.  My very first one!  Yay!  So, rather than take my once customary solo trip to Disney World, I switched it up.  I made the trip to the Stanley Hotel and this is where the ball got rolling.  I met an awesome group of people that unintentionally breezed into my life and helped to bring out the absolute best in me.  Here they are in no order whatsoever.

1)  Zory:  GAC Intern, Super fan and my best friend.  She knows it!  The sister I always wish I had.

2)  Zak, Nick and Aaron:  Met two out of three of them.  I like to call them the firefighters who pulled me out of a burning building that was my old life.

3)  Dave and Mallie:  Darkness Radio hosts.  Took me under their wings and welcomed me into the world of Darkness. 

4)  Mark and Debby:  EVP Experts.  Super awesome people. 

5)  Jeff:  The Jeff Foxworthy of the Paranormal World.  I am the self-proclaimed Sam Kinison. 

6)  Chris:  Psychic Medium.  He and I had one heck of an encounter at Ohio State Reformatory.  Awesome times!

7)  A. Goodwin Collections Guys:  Christian and Adam, you guys are awesome and I will be getting a painting for my office in the very, very near future.  Count on it!

8)  Billy:  Awesome EVP Analyst and kick ass DJ.  Awesome friend, too!  Thanks for the buds!

9)  GAC Family (Related and Unrelated):  Too many of you to name, but you know who you are.  You put a smile on my face.  GAC Family forever and ever!  Love and Respect.


  That one event soon snowballed into going to further events and getting to meet more and more people, making more and more friends.  I started taking free online classes on how to be a proper and professional Paranormal Investigator.  I joined a Paranormal group and went to the most haunted location:  Bobby Mackey's Music World.  Scary stuff!  I LOVE IT! 

  I started to discontinue caring about what people thought about me.  I began to speak without having to hold back.  However, I choose my words wisely, but I will not hold back on how I feel about things. 

  I gained and earned the respect of many people in the parnormal world.  I am thankful to be making connections in this field and I look forward to learning from every single one of them.  Much love and respect. 

  Now, as I enter the year of 2012, I feel there is more change in store for me.  What it is?  I do not know, but I welcome and accept it with an open heart and open arms.  Bring it on!

  Now for the GAC Family out there, here are a couple of Vlogs by Mr. Big Steppin' himself:  Aaron Goodwin


 




1 comment:

  1. You are a great person Velma I am so glad I meet you. A tour of New York with you was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it all cooking with you was too much fun. Also I sent you and e-mail with a fun question for you. Take care don't work too hard. :-)

    ReplyDelete