Thursday, January 12, 2012

There Is Peace In The Velmaverse...FINALLY!

  Two weeks ago, a miracle occured in my house.  Now, this is an Italian thing but when you're family you always lived in close proximity to family or you lived together in one household.  Well, in my case, we all were crowded together in one three floor house, a split level and, currently, a small Cape house on a busy crossroad.  It was the four of us (Me, mom, aunt and grandma) but then my grandma died and then there were three.  Now with my Cougar Aunt, when she married her puppy hubby, it became four again.  Three woman and...GASP...one man.  Thus presents a problem.  That problem led to a miracle.  My aunt and her...man moved out.  To this, I have to say "GOOD RIDDANCE!"

  In the past two weeks, there hasn't been one fight.  Not one word of cutsy wootsy.  No more banishment to the basement because I want to watch "Ghost Adventures" or any show about the paranormal.  And, lastly, no more finding her sticking her unwashed hands into my leftover food.  Yes, she did do that.  YUCK!!!!

  I heard somewhere that when a certain person is around you that you are immediately turned off by the mere presence of them and the mere sound of their voice.  For me, that would be my aunt because the very sound of her voice and the very presence of her lowered my self-esteem, made me the most negative person and the most emotionally barren person on the face of this planet.  In other words, there was a wall the size of the Great Wall of China.  When she tried to breach it, I'd send in my Huns to keep her away from me. 

  Without her around, I can watch "Ghost Adventures" upstairs, with the lights off and as loudly as I want.  I feel much more relaxed knowing I can do this without having to look over my shoulder and wonder if she is going to get up and scream at me.  Hell!  I can scream and play loud music if I wanted to.  Now where's my Def Leppard album??

No comments:

Post a Comment