Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Back To The Gym

  As many of you know, I have struggled for years with my weight and health.  I used to think getting fit was never for me.  However, in recent months, I found myself, for once in my life, sticking to something.  I mean, REALLY sticking to something.  That somthing was going back to the gym and getting toned up and fit.  Something I never thought I would ever do.

  In addition, I stopped drinking soda (on my 8th day, thank you!) and also gave up on candy (with the exception of lollipops).  I have replaced the soda with SmartWater and Trenta Unsweetened Green Teas from Starbucks.  Why lollipops?  I do, every now and then, need a wee bit of sugar and because it's the right size as well.

  Anyways, I have gone to various gyms over the years and have felt very uncomfortable in them.  I would get very uncomfortable and very self-conscious about people looking at me.  However, I came to this particular gym because I knew people that went there.  And there is a "Muscle Maker Grill" right next door as well.  So, I said to myself, "At last!  A place I can be myself at!  No one is going to judge me at this place!  Where the hell has this place been?!" 

  So, I go in my first time and the first thing I do is put in my buds (Thanks, Billy Tolley!), crank the DJ Inferno mixes that I downloaded onto my iPod (Thanks again, Billy!) and do some killer Cardio work out (Thank you, Tread Mill!).  After over an hour on the tread mill, I go and get my stuff from the locker.  Then I see the Aquatic Center and that prompted me to purchase a bathing suit, which is something I never wear and I live near the beach to begin with.  A pool!  Yay!  Now I don't have to worry if the paparazzi is going to be around to take pictures of my ass. 

  This Friday morning, I have got a very important appointment with a personal trainer.  I know what you're probably saying, "You're doing it on your own.  Why need a personal trainer?"  First off, I don't know what the hell I'm doing.  Second, I need the discipline and motivation.  Third, I am a very rigid person now so I need someone to be rigid along with me, exercise wise. 

  And now, as I go down the path of fitness, I look forward to a slimmer, more healthier me.  Gone are the days of being over 300 lbs and unhappy.  No mas to the eating to cope.  Adieu fried chicken and soda.  Now onto greener pastures. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment