Friday, February 10, 2012

My Life With Karma

  I was taught a very valuable lesson in regards to life:  You do unto others as you would have done unto yourself.  In other words, treat others as you expect to be treated.  This lesson has served me well every single day.  I treat people just like I expect to be treated myself.  I respect every single person regardless of their race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. 

  Whenever I think on the subject of Karma, I look back on my past and I learn from the people in it.  For example, I looked back on my high school years and thought on the guys who I thought liked me, but in truth were just teasing me while pretending to like me.  There was one boy, Jeff, who was a star on the football team.  Blonde hair, blue eyes, everything a girl would want and melt over.  He would wolf whistle at me and smile at me, treat me like a gem.  But, one day, he showed his true colors with two words:  Ugly girl.  OUCH!

  You can imagine how utterly "destroyed" I was by those words and how my self-esteem dropped like an atomic bomb on my heart and soul.  As a matter of fact, I entertained thoughts of suicide, thinking everybody was better off without me around them.  I thank god I never fulfilled such thoughts and am around today, stronger than ever with a much higher self-esteem at my side.

  Now, today, I look back on those years and wish I had the wit and wisdom that I have now.  But, then again, thinking about it, I don't.  I have to learn to walk before I can run.  I guess learning to take those two words more as a gentle blow than a sucker punch was a slow process.  Live and learn, right?  God knows I've learned!

  To those who read this, I impart on you the following words:  Treat Me Right, I Treat You Right.  Treat Me Wrong, You Know What Part Of You Goes First.  In other words, read the first paragraph above repeatedly until you've learned your lesson. 

  Sounds like Mr. Miyagi in "Karate Kid 2" when he showed Daniel-San inside the Miyagi Family Dojo and showed him the rules for Karate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment