Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dying Young

  Today at work, I was reading the news and what I read broke my heart. 

  As a teenager, I was in love with the Backstreet Boys.  When I mean in love, I mean IN LOVE!  My first celebrity crush.  Although I had it bad for Kevin Richardson, I had a bit of a stirring for all of them.  But, I found the following:  Brian was way out of my league.  Howie was as well.  AJ beat my ass in the tattoo department.  Nick was too cute for me.  Kevin got married.  Oh well.

  So, I moved on and grew up. 

  But today, I read that Nick Carter's sister, Leslie, had been found dead.  The cause not yet known.  I sat there staring at the report with my mouth open and my heart breaking for Nick and his family. 

  And it got me to thinking about things from the past.  Back to those days before the dark side of fame took hold and claimed Nick and members of his family.  Back before the tabloids made a circus act out of them.  The way they were one unit, happy and smiling on their waterfront property.  They were one big, happy family.

  Tonight, as I write this, I hope that Nick, his mom, dad, brother and sisters do that once more in memory of their angel, their Leslie.  I wish for them to put all their differences, problems and troubles to the side at this time and to be that family I once saw:  A United Front.  I know they can do this.  I pray for them to be as one rather than separate entities. 

  Leslie, you will be missed and you will always, ALWAYS be loved by not just your family, husband and baby, but by all of us Backstreet Boys fans, including me.  Now, I dedicate this song to you, sweet Leslie.

 
 


RIP Leslie Carter
 

No comments:

Post a Comment