Monday, December 12, 2011

Let's Talk Paranormal! Part One: Spirits (aka Ghosts)

  Alright, as a firm believer in the Paranormal, I am open to a lot of things and can be  sllightly skeptic in some areas of this subject.  I believe that there is some sort of life after death.  That we are vessels containing this energy and that when we die we expel that energy in the form of a spirit.  We can choose to move on into the next spiritual plane, whatever that might be, either Heaven or Hell.  Or, we stay because we feel we have unfinished business or we are scared to move onto that other realm.  Then there are those spirits who died trauma deaths (i.e. Murder, Suicide, etc.) that they are stuck in the places where they died. 

  I believe that spirits, or Ghosts, can be either residual, intelligent, negative or demonic.  I have seen and experienced these spirits in various places.  Thankfully, I have yet to experience a demonic spirit, but I have heard, seen and experienced the first three. 

1)  Residual:  I have been a frequent visitor to Gettysburg since I took a class trip there at 15.  I feel drawn to that town because of its history, but over the years felt like I may have lived there in a past life (The subject of past lives will be discussed in a future blog).  During my many, many stays there, I have encountered many residuals.  In the middle of the night, I could hear cannon fire or gun fire outside my room, which would wake me up and have me thinking "Whoa!  What the heck is that?!"  Now, half of these residuals I usually chalk up to being artillery from Carlisle Barracks, which is on the outskirts of Gettysburg.  Lesson to Learn:  Residuals can easily be debunked!  Don't forget that!


2)  Intelligent:  My third official investigation took place at Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield, Ohio.  I was with a group of friends inside of a jail cell in the West Wing.  I had my digital recorder in my back pocket, which was turned ON when I thought I had turned it OFF.  One of my friends proceeded to ask the spirits questions.  One question was "Do you not like women guards?"  A friend joked back, "Or do you?"  At that moment, I felt my recorder RISE out of my back pocket and the feeling of something giving my rear end a squeeze.  Now, this was a prison and it made sense to me that I would experience something because these prisoners didn't encounter women when they were alive.  So, I can honestly say that the squeezing of my butt was an obvious "YES!" to our question.  Lesson to Learn:  If you encounter intelligent spirits, don't show any fear!  Don't scream, or else I will put my fist in your mouth or my foot up your ass!


3)  Negative:  My first visit to the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO.  I had just visited a psychic and was told to draw what I saw or felt.  So, I did so and sat on a couch in the lobby and began to draw what I felt.  Then, something told me to go up to the fourth floor and try there.  Using candy as a trigger object, I began to draw what I felt was there.  However, suddenly I felt something enter my body and I broke down hysterically crying.  Before I knew it, I was outside and my friends were trying to get whatever it was out of me.  It took an hour or more and I came around.  But whatever that spirit was I felt that it was a negative, sad one.  Lesson to Learn:  Stay grounded!  Keep white sage, rosary beads, any holy relic, prayers, St. Michael with you at all investigations. 


Footnote:  My next "Let's Talk Paranormal!" will be next Monday.  Subject to be decided. 

1 comment:

  1. I love it and I like your own personal expeariences and your theories good job nicole:)

    ReplyDelete