Monday, December 5, 2011

Why Should I Be Happy?

 Don't get me wrong, everybody is entitled to do what makes them happy.  In my cougar aunt's case, she chose to marry someone who is three years younger than ME!  She is calling me "insanely jealous" because of this.  Uhm, no, I am not.  I am more annoyed with the fact that he is younger than I am and you're forcing upon me to call him UNCLE.  If this makes you happy, fine, but don't expect me to be happy for you.

  Why do I feel like this towards her?  Well, it all goes back to my birth, literally.  She has been jealous of me since day one because my mother (her sister) had someone to care for now and no longer needed my aunt around.  This is where "Insanely Jealous" should apply.  Since then, she has done things to make me unhappy and miserable.  She ruined my birthday party by coming out wearing her bra over her shirt and a pair of gloves to dance with my friends.  When I went to school that Monday, I was a laughing stock and no one wanted to be around me. 

  When I got into my teens, her "jealousy" escalated into physical confrontations with me.  She would beat me up, pull my hair and call me all sorts of horrible things.  I would try and fight back, but every single time the cops were called they'd put the blame on me rather than her.  It made me and my mother angry that the cops didn't see what we saw.  When I graduated from high school, she hit me and threw soda at me at my graduation dinner.  I was humiliated in front of my family, friends and my school principal. 

  Now, as an adult, she still shows me nothing but misery and discord.  When I got a new car, I asked her what she thought of it.  She said "You don't deserve it!" and "I hope you're miserable in it."  You can imagine how angry that made me.  In addition, she beat on my mother, who was sick with cancer at the time. 

  I have come to the conclusion that the best thing in this situation would be to show her the same courtesy she's shown me:  Misery and Discord.  They say "Do unto others as you'd have done unto yourself" and that is exactly what I am going to do.  Since she's shown me nothing but misery, I am going to return the favor and do the same thing.  I am going to give her the cold shoulder the entire time.  I didn't attend her wedding and I am not going to attend the reception either.  Why should I be happy for her when she was rarely happy for me?  That's that! 

1 comment:

  1. Just don't "regard" her at all. No animosity, no anger, no joy, towards her, just NOTHING at all.

    ReplyDelete