Tuesday, December 20, 2011

To Love Is Easy, Forgiving Is Hard

  Last year, when I changed my life and broke all ties with my ex-boyfriend, I swore that I would never forgive him for the heartbreak and hurt he'd put me through.  I had a life to lead and all that stuff was put into the back of my mind.  I figured that was the end of that.

  But then, about a month ago, he sends me an e-mail and I was very surprised because I specifically told him to never contact me again.  And he did it around Thanksgiving, which made it even more stressful.  So, I bit the bullet and sent him an angry e-mail back, telling him that I had moved on and that it was very obvious that he hadn't.  So I sent it.

  But then it came to me as I was turning to leave my home office and go back to working on the menu for Thanksgiving dinner.  My conscience, which in no way looks like Jiminy Crickett, spoke to me.

  "You want to show that he isn't going to win?  Forgive him!  See what happens."

  So, I turned around and went back to the computer and wrote him another e-mail, forgiving him for all that he did to me.  Sent!  I won this round and I haven't heard from him since.  Just the way I like it! 

  Now I no longer feel angry and I have that sense of moving forward.  Now, on with my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment