Saturday, December 10, 2011

Twice the Woman I Used to Be

  Looking back on the year, I have found myself a changed woman.  I am a complete 180 of who I once was.  For those of you who know me and those of you who have met me, I am quite the character.  I have a bubbly personality and I am a kind, generous person who speaks her mind and I could care less what people think about what I say or do.  It's not their concern.  Now, I was never truly one to speak my mind nor did I tend to crack a joke around others.  I was a complete opposite of the person I am now.  

  I was quiet, introverted and overweight, stuck in a corner in an abusive relationship with a married man.  I never truly went anywhere but one place on vacation.  I never had that many friends to hang out with.  As a matter of fact, I didn't have friends at all.  All I had was myself.  

  Then, in 2010, I began to change.  I began to travel more and went to other places around the world.  I took my first trip to London.  Went to both Disney World and Disneyland.  I was starting to reconnect with people from my teen years and hanging out with them more often.  Thanks to the show "Ghost Adventures," I rediscovered my passion for the paranormal and began to seriously consider learning how to be a proper investigator.  

  However, one thing remained.  My relationship with my still married "boyfriend."  One day in September, I finally gathered up all the strength I had inside of me and broke it off with him.  Although it was saddening to know that it was over, in truth, it had been over since he stood me up on my birthday.  I should've ended it then, I know, but I still held on like an idiot because I THOUGHT I loved him.

  Letting go was hard, but I adjusted and had my friends to back me up and encourage me to go on with my life.  I just threw myself into paranormal investigating and meeting members of the GAC family at many public events, investigations and conventions.  They are the reason I smile a hell of a lot more often.  This has made me extremely happy and has helped me to heal from the abuse of that long gone relationship. 

  It has been 14 months to the day since I ended it all and got on with my life and I am happy to say that I am twice the woman I used to be.  I am a whole different person.  I am living life to the fullest and loving it all.  Then, one day, I got an email from my ex, wanting to know how I was.  I was extremely upset at first and then I came to an epiphany. 

  I am strong and I am loved.  I do not need his "love" nor his "friendship."  I am no longer his.  I've moved on.  But...I forgave him for all that he did.  I did that to show him who the bigger person is in this situation.  Haven't heard from him since.  I think he finally got the hint. 

  Moving on to my next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment